Questions? Comments? E: kimmy@resumebling.info or Submit Your Feedback Here

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The 411 on Location Independent Jobs and Living

Life is an Open Road, Which Direction Will You Decide to Travel?

For many people, this concept is a dream. With the invention of the internet, we now have a greater opportunity to live and be as we please. Your job isn't just a job, it's a lifestyle choice. Trust me, the stress you experience at work is most definitely affecting your home life. If you choose a job that requires long hours, that is time you are not spending with your loved ones. The good news is, you have a choice.

Location independent living is exactly what it sounds like. You can choose work that comes with you where ever you are. Here are a few examples:
  • Consultant
  • Blogger
  • Affiliate Marketer
  • Sales

Location independent work is often done virtually. As long as you have an internet connection and perhaps a phone, you're good to go! When I graduated from college I read a book called "The 4 Hour Work Week." This book discusses how to live the location independent lifestyle.

One of the reasons I decided to become a professional resume writer and blogger is because of the flexibility and lifestyle I am able to have. Don't be fooled, it is a process (I'm still putting all the parts and pieces together myself) but it's totally worth it. The great news is that there is a lot of wonderful information about this topic. A great blog post about location independent jobs can be found at Free Pursuits.com. My biggest challenge with this concept has been taking action. Now that I have overcome that, I am able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
My tagline is "Stop Searching for a Job. Find a Career." Let's face it, we all need money to survive on this planet. I want you to do so happily and really find work that is alignment with your life.



Until Next Time,
Kimmy B. @ResumeBling on Twitter

P.S. I would like to do a series about location independent jobs and living. Respond by posting your questions about this topic below.





No comments:

Post a Comment

How Was this Blog Post Helpful? Thanks for Commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Questions? Comments? E: kimmy@resumebling.info or Submit Your Feedback Here